Monday, December 11, 2006

Second Front Shopping Day...

Well, today was quite a fun day as a few members of Second Front decided to go shopping at the Gnubie Store to fetch some props for our upcoming performances (including performances that have not been booked in our performance calendar yet). For more details about this event, check out Second Front's official blog...

Tran Spire (guy with the amazing Turquoise hair and '80s zoot-zoot) arrived first and sent me a teleport. Tran is not pictured in my first pic for this post though - you will need to scroll down a bit to see him. The avatar who is pictured here is known as "LoosyMoosy Ah". She had a very kewl avatar and looked edgy so I figure she might be an artist of some kind so I approached her nearby the Tin Soldier and the Jalopy that I had just acquired clones of earlier... She was very blunt saying things like "do you have any property for my house?" or "I need a roomie! Will you be my roomie?" Thinking her antics may have been part of a performance piece, I mentioned Great Escape's property and told her that if she was willing to allow Second Front exclusive rights to furnish her place with performance residue, than maybe Great Escape would be into the idea of having her stay there - Second Front's resident-in-residence could be her title or something ;-)



Here is a close-up of "LoosyMoosy Ah"... She seemed interested in my proposal but also exponentially more desperate... hmmm...some alarm bells were ringing and they were not the stash of assorted wind-chimes that I had just purchased! Well, I invited Tran over to see if I could get a second opinion on my offer and whether this avatar was really willing to sacrifice her artistic integrity for a guarantee of a plot...


...so anyways, Tran arrived on the scene and asked her some questions about her intentions to own a house on freebie property and then she started to act REALLY strange! She said something like, "well wait, I am a guy you know!" Tran and myself ultimately did not care what gender "she" was supposed to be
but then she insisted... "no wait! I will show you what I mean!"....

She then transformed into the guy she always wanted to be...hmmm..maybe "she" felt that being a guy now would persuade us even more to give up a plot of art-collective land? Heh heh..I wonder which avatar is mean to resemble the RL persona more? One will never know.... I gotta admit though, this red-haired "dude" was beginning to look far more patriotic than myself! I was now starting to get envious....this "guy" will even wear a suit like Evel Knievel to get noticed ;-) I guess any stunt is necessary if the risk (of getting a freebie land plot) is worthy enough!


Once Loosy/Moosy accepted my friendship, I thought maybe for second that this avatar was for "real" but then he/she bolted from the scene to send a plot-request to Great Escape later on in the day...GE's weirdo-radar went on high alert so he asked me for my advice and I just told him to trust his instinct with this guy/gal...maybe for artistic reasons, it is still good to give this avatar a chance at sarcrificing a prim or two for the sake of Art. Anyways, LoosyMoosy left the space for awhile and Tran's computer crashed so I was left to people-watch....here is a great example of the passers-by one can galk at...One of these dudes had this massive needle attach to his arm and his title seemed to indicate he was part of an AIDS prevention group in Second Life but whoa! This guy could be an artist, if he wanted to! There was more needle here than the damage could ever do, if you know what I mean! ;-) The other punker seemed to be French...I suspect from Montreal but I am not 100% on this factoid.

Here is a better angle of that avatar with the massive needle in his arm...

Anyways, I started to get weirded out a bit (yes even me, the performance artist...sigh!) so I noticed that JC Fremont's pal Rain Coalcliff was online...So I sent her a 'port and we had a great chat for quite some time! I learned some ALT-news relating to Rain Coalcliff that I will keep classified but it sure made me think twice about who was who ;-) Here is a pic of Rain Coalcliff who had literally arrived so quickly and dramatically (Omen style) that she did not have enough time to dry her hair...as you can see, it looks gray but that is not due to age....quite the reverse, really!

Her hair was rendering and the aging process was returning her hair to its original colour...how about that for the weirdness of linear time in cyberspace! Well, there were several nOObs here today...maybe they heard about the nOObie store...heh heh! One nOOB asked if anyone here looked "normal"..I was not sure what he meant since we all look truly "normal" in here....Anyways, he seemd nice enough and not like some of those other dudes and dudettes who tried to flirt with (primarily) Rain Coalcliff...Through IM, I advised her to "play dead"...lol!


So much later in the day, I returned from the abyss of RL to hang out with JC Fremont and Rain Coalcliff again and this time, back at JC's HQ (see previous posts below for the history of hanging out with both of them)...they were doing a kewl dance routine to some MP3 that JC posted...the phone rang at that time so I screened the call and had a blast grooving unctonrollably to the answering machine message! Anyways, I took this opportunity to take a pic of the 3 of us where I could show off my nice new gold pentagram which I bought at the Gnubie Store!

Well, please scroll down for more pix, text and embedded video...

No comments: