Monday, November 27, 2006

Dancing to DJ Widget at Musik Haus

Here I am checking out the Badlands for the first time trying to find a good place to test shooting some video-documentation for my upcoming performances with the Second Front performance art ensemble...I decided to find a dance club instead so I just checked the Second Life events listings and sure enough...
...I found this kewl electroclash and pop club called Musik Haus. I was lucky enough to dance right beside the DJ who was playing at the time, Mr. Widget. He seemed friendly with me right from the get-go and was indeed a multitasker as he was DJ-ing his electro-pop club beats, dancing and chatting with the dancers all at the same time! He was the only one who addressed me by name so I figured he was a kewl citizen...here is a a glitchy video taken of the event...

..if you cannot see the above video, click here. Yeah, the audio skips alot and it is not because of your video card, it is because of mine...sigh! My laptop's ATI card apparently is not officially good enough to run Second Life so although I am able to visit and perform my art in-world, my video-documents might look a little clumsy and shoddy. I recorded multiple takes of this dance party. The other takes were way better (music, avatars and dancing was more interesting) but there was a bug in Second Life that did not allow me to save those videos to my desktop so I guess those documents no longer exist...sigh! At any rate, it was still a great party and I was able to document about a 1/4 of the magic by showing you this video and the screenshots below:
I wonder who that beastie was up there dancing on the ceiling? That one is definitely a hardcore clubber!Quite the 3D light-show at Musik Haus, eh?


...yes, you guessed correctly! DJ Widget is the guy with the blue mohawk, kewl shades and the banner around his abdomen that says "censored"...here are some more pix of the dancefloor...



I got some great snaps of the ceiling-beastie who has now leveled off on the ground plane dance floor...You know dancing corrupts the youth when there is solid evidence indicating you are dancing with Baphomet or a reasonable fafnir-facsimile ;-)

No comments: