Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rest Energy with Great Escape...

Here I am as Marina...

Here I am as Ulay...

Hey classic performance art remediation fans,

I just wanted to blog quickly to say that I literally just helped Great Escape who is my co-member in Second Front with an avatar performance art remediation of Marina Abramovic's "Rest Energy" (1980).

I find it interesting that GE chose Abramovic to re-do as she is also known for remediating classic 1970s art performances.

I played both the part of Marina and Ulay (aka. Uwe Laysiepen - no, not an SL name)...

GE took some pic for his Paradise Ahead performance art print series that he has been making for the past year or so..I hope the digital prints turned out well! If you zoom in on these pix, you will notice that the sequel that the two of us have in mind has already been pre-determined ;-)

Stay tuned for some blogs that I cannot wait to post for you...as soon as I get a chance, I will tell you all about:

1) Taking my recently re-united Foster Daughter to see Gazira Babeli's "Collateral Damage" which is Gaz's one (1) year retrospective on Odyssey Island.

2) My archives illustrating the recent in-world history of the Art Metropole sim on Odyssey Island...

But for now, it is beddios for me...I could sure use more of Marina's rest energy about now...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......