Tuesday, August 21, 2007

xxXtenxion Panel in Regensburg...


If you cannot see this very fun and glitchy machinima music video of the panel by Jori Tokyo, click here.

DRESSCODE AVATAR - TURNING OVER A SECOND LEIF...

Here is the panel of two moderated by Maxxo Klaar (perched on top of an official Wirxli poster) and co-facilitated by Miulew Takahe. This pic was taken at the exact point where Maxxo was beginning the lecture. If you click on this above pic to zoom in on it a bit, you will notice that Maxxo was wearing headphones since his collective, Pomodoro Bolzano had just organized and curated Regensburg's in-world headphones festival in Second Life. This headphone fest was part and parcel of an art event extravaganza called art.xxXtenxion. This official "Dresscode Avatar" panel discussion began with the other blue-skinned guy, Gumnosphistai Nurmi. Here is an important sidebit to note...the middle poster shows some AOM avatars posing with their RL biological selves...

***UPDATE FROM THE NEAR FUTURE***

HARS HEFFERMAN HAS BLOGGED ABOUT THIS PANEL.


Hey there avatar performance art and academic panel fans,

Just over 12 hours ago, I was on a quickie panel for a somewhat candid discussion about the relationship between my RL and SL self - I should assure you now that although it would be better to declare to the paparazzi otherwise, my relationship to my self(s) is strictly platonic :-)

I did not really elaborate all that much about my meta-banal RL life as a biological avatar named Jeremy Owen Turner. In fact, you can probably figure out exactly the kind of things I confessed by reading about my previous blog posting where I was interrogated by Dr. Alpenluft Laws. Those Swiss avatars really know how to cut through the archetypes and dig deep beneath the pixellated skin...sigh!

In terms of the academic side of my RL and SL life, I simply attend other panels like the Borders conference at Ars Virtua to sit and look pretty as they are usually fantastic places to scoop up new fans and if I really need to appear intelligent and "selves-conscious" (yes, in the plural sense), I can simply parrot the classic writings of Dr. Sherry Turkle.

People have it all wrong - it is the Age of Gemini and NOT Aquarius, OK?

Well..uhhh...ok..The Age of Gemini only applies to those Greek philosphers that cope with the world through dual-rimmed glasses...er....uh..... Geez, anyone have a Turkle book handy? I am not looking so bright and clever anymore! ;-)

Hmmmm...the last time I looked pretty smart was at my artist talk that was part of the Dorkbot series....Hmmmm... Well, nothing substantial to add for this posting today...it is 1:43 AM SLT (Second Life Time) at the moment so I should probably just publish this now and go to bed but before I do, here are some more pix to appeal to those who only tolerate me for the eye-candy I provide at a moment's notice...

Here is a shot of the audience including a couple of reporters (such as Carrie Sodwind and Aidan Aquacade). At this point, we were offering refreshments as Gumno/Leif had plenty of drinks to pass around and realized that the audience must have been getting quite thirsty after Gumno/Leif went into detail the parallels between his SL self and his RL self (Leif Inge).

Here is another angle showing the opposite side of the lecture space at art.think.box designed by DeThomas Dibou. It should be noted that although the SL space was designed for Berlin, the RL portion was projected directly into a venue in Regensburg.

After the panel, it was back to business and we returned to rehearsing the classics...

AVATAR ORCHESTRA METAVERSE's REHEARSAL FOR FRIDAY's and SATURDAY's WORLD TOUR DATES IN CHICAGO, BERLIN AND REGENSBURG:


Here we are rehearsing a true classic from our repetoire.... This screenshot is from AOM's very first composition called Fadheit (2007) by Maximillian Nakamura at the Odyssey Ampitheatre. I should add that the AOM is pleased to introduce Lizsolo Mathilde from Second Front as our newest orchestra player... We will be playing all the golden oldies at the Odyssey Ampitheatre and in Maximillian's underwater location for our performance in Kulturforum (Potsdamer Platz) in Berlin.

For this final pic of this posting, I wanted to show you our brief "Fragtest" (a "Fragtest" is when we play Miulew Takahe's Fragula composition to test out the venue's bandwidth) in Regensburg's virtual space at art.think.box in Leerer Beutel. For the record, Leerer Beutel is a gallery and cinema in both the RL and SL manifestations of the Bavarian mecca, Regensburg. I have just heard that the RL version of Leerer Beutel even has a restaurant...wow! You can read the schedule of events in Regensburg's Filmgalerie Cinema by clicking here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great pictures, very very impressive.
I am a column writer for a magazine pPaper which is a design magazine circulated in huge volume in both Shanghai and Taiwan.
I am writing about Frank Gehry for our next issue and am wondering if you could give me your permission to use your image (Ddorf_Gehry_silver_up01.jpg). It's absolutely beautiful and I really love it. Will mail you the magazine after it's published, if you are interested.

Please let me know,
I really appreciate your time.

Please write me at didi0107@Hotmail.com
Sarah Chen

yanmaneee said...

ultra boost
jordan shoes
kd 10
yeezys
nike sneakers
birkin bag
yeezy
hermes belts
supreme clothing
cheap jordans