Monday, May 14, 2007

Avatar Orchestra Metaverse Concert at xxXtension...

Avatar Orchestra Metaverse
If you cannot see this embedded video, click here.


If you cannot see this embedded video, click here.

It is first thing in the morning in SL (but late afternoon in Europe and Scandinavia) and we are just about to perform some found sounds...

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO PODCAST ARCHIVE FROM THIS CONCERT...

Hey performance art, La-Z Boy and new muzak fans,

Ok, I am blogging this behind schedule because RL is starting to gradually take over my Second Life ... I am basically in denial as I type out this blog - I am still under the delusion that I can successfully multitask both lives (not to mention all my avatar ALTs and their respective blogs)...

Sigh! The Avatar Orchestra Metaverse concert at the xxXtension space in Regensburg (Odyssey Island) began at 6:30 AM SL time which meant I had to wake up at 6 AM and I am NOT a morning person...sigh! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Well, I hope this was videotaped so I can just embed the video into this blog and not have to descrive every detail of this event...I really could with more sleep in RL..just thinking about it is making me very sleepy and woozy.

The event itself though was quite active...the venue was filled to capacity and got rave realtime reviews from the audience in attendence...

Here was the official press release from co-performer, Miulew Takahe:

"AVATAR ORCHESTRA METAVERSE /* will perform on saturday the 12th may on virtual Haidsplatz on 7am SLT / 4pm CET.

'FOUND SOUNDS' is the main theme of the performance: the daily sounds in our lifes - the aural signposts of life - so present everywhere - so seldom listened to - so often taken for granted.

Welcome to Haidplatz/Odyssey on saturday for a listening bliss and visual experience made with the HUD's of Bingo. Beware! Your listening will never be the same - listen deeply!"


Here are some more pix...I hope to have links to additional audio and video archives very soon...

It is true...for this found-sound intro warm-up piece, we are literally just standing around, hanging out and telepathically transmitting our found sounds from our inventory directly into the public platz...

I took this pic because I just luuuuuv Evo's pink bunny booties? Who is this hipster, anyway?

Here we all are finally feelng prepared enough to play Miulew Takahe's composition called Rue Blanche (2007)...

...and here we are in mid-performance of "Rue Blanche"....

Here is the in-world-premiere of WNK (Wee Nee Kresch) by Bingo Onomatopoeia of Pomodoro Bolzano fame... It should have been called "Wee nee Krasch" as his piece crashed the whole simplatz and we had to reboot one-by-one...sigh!

Heheheheh...I need at least one new gratuituous self-portrait on my blog from time to time...In the background, you can see Bingo moving balls along a his abbacus-like instrument...once his 3rd ball got rolling, we also got rolling and played our scored-out samples...

Here I am posing with a nearly-realtime pic of this concert that was rezzed like moments before this snapshot was taken..I decided to pose with this pic from the recent past...kind of like having a parallel dimension as a backdrop, eh? Am I getting nostalgic? You be the judge ;-)

Ok, this snapshot must have taken towards the end of our concert as I am dancing my ass off to the breakbeat snippets that Bingo had sampled for our gratuitious use/abuse (yes, "gratuitous" is the word for today's posting)...Seconds later, I had inherited Sugar Seville's custom "fast dance" moves before passing out onto the comfort of my RL bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....